Last Updated on June 8, 2023 by Daniel Wright
Surfhshark Antivirus is a new security product from a popular VPN brand Surfshark which joined forces with NordVPN team at the beginning of this year on the way to become one of the most recognised VPN brands in the industry.
Although many users now choose VPN to protect their digital lives, antivirus is still a must for a complete protection against malware and other online threats. So where’s the Surfshark antivirus different from its competition?
Don’t want to read the full review? Here’s what’s important:
👍 What we like: Simple & clean design, Extra features such as unlimited VPN and ad-free search, License for up to 5 devices
☝ What could be better: It’s not the cheapest solution though very comparable with other AVs (it’s cheaper if you consider also the price of VPN)
If you’ve ever used Surfshark VPN, you will have same expectation for it’s antivirus solution regarding how simple and clean the user interface is. And you won’t be disappointed.
Surfshark Antivirus, much like it’s VPN, comes with a very simple & clean user interface which is great for users who don’t want to spend hours tweaking the settings and prefer to “install and forget” solution to protect their devices.
This applies also for users who are less tech-savvy and need a really simple solution to protect their device.
Features of Surfshark Antivirus
Along the basic features such as antivirus scans and real-time protection Surfshark Antivirus includes unlimited VPN, Personal data leak protection, and private search engine which is also ad free.
- Surfshark Antivirus: File scanning and active protection from viruses and malwares
- Surfshark VPN: Privacy-focused tool that hides your location and secures sensitive data
- Surshark Alert: Tool for detection and alerts on data breaches related to your accounts in real-time
- Surfshark Search: Anonymous search engine which is completely ad-free (this is available on https://search.surfshark.com/)
Pricing & Money-back guarantee
How much does Surfshark Antivirus cost? As mentioned previously, it’s not the cheapest option you can find though it’s very competitive against other alternatives. What’s important here that for the price of an AV you are getting a bundle along with a VPN which often costs more than AV alone.
You can choose from a three different tiers offering 1-month, 1-year, and 2 years subscription. (🤫 Pssst: don’t forget to use our link to get to the offer below and save 83% on 1-year plan)
The price of the cheapest plan is $2.49/ month (or $29.88 for full year) which is great if you consider that VPN alone often costs more than $2 with the biggest discounts.
Surfshark offers 30 days money-back guarantee so all the plans are fully refundable which means you don’t have to worry about commitment.
For the price of $29.88 you can use Surfshark Antivirus on up to 5 devices and it supports all the major platforms such as macOS, Windows, Linux, Android or iOS. If you’ve already purchased Surfshark license, you can download installation file from the official links below:
- Download Surfshark on macOS
- Download Surfshark on Windows
- Download Surfshark on Android (get .APK here)
- Download Surfshark on iOS
- Download Surfshark on FireTV
- Download Surfshark on AndroidTV
- You need to use your email address to log in which is used as a main identification of the purchase
- Surfshark is collecting anonymous application usage data with some basic information about your device (such as operating system and device version) – this is for troubleshooting if something with app is going wrong
3) After the sign-on, you will get to the main dashboard where you can choose between different product if you’ve opted for a Surfshark One subscription which consists of these products (from the top):
- Surfshark VPN (popular VPN and the leading product of Surfshark)
- Surfshark Alert (security feature which guards your accounts from data breaches)
- Surfshark Antivirus
- Surfshark Search (anonymous search engine with purely organic results)
Scanning with Surfshark Antivirus
When you first get to the Antivirus tab you have only the option to launch the Quick scan.
Before you are able to continue to the scan, you will have to allow Surfshark antivirus to run in your system preferences (this is relevant only to the MacOS users). Once this is solved you will finally able to launch the app and use it.
The main antivirus dashboard contains information about the last scan, last time of virus database update and a very few settings related to scheduling of scans and notifications.
Quick scan is indeed very quick and will not take much of your time. For in-depth scanning we are always recommending to launch a full-scan once a week.
Additional settings of Surfshark antivirus
Surfshark keeps a very simple user interface so there’s not plenty of things you will be able to configure which is great for less tech-savvy users. You can choose whether you want to see the application in dark or light mode and the app language.
Surfshark reviews & ratings
We’ve also checked the Surfshark reviews and ratings on Google Play store, Trustpilot and iOS store. On all three portals Surfshark is receiving great user feedback and lots of positive reviews.
My experience with Surfshark antivirus after 1 month
So I’ve been using Surfshark Antivirus for over a month now on my main computer with MacOS and I can still recommend it. There are two things which I enjoyed the most.
The Surfshark antivirus is so lightweight I don’t even know about it. It does the job on the background without bothering me.
The second good thing is it’s integrated (..and unlimited) VPN. I’ve tested the Surfshark VPN in the past and liked how simple it is. It just worked whenever I needed it. Considering that you will pay $2.21/month for VPN alone, getting extra antivirus and identity monitoring for $3.98/month in total isn’t a big deal.
Obviously, you can will have to make your own decision but for me, spending little under 4 bucks a month for complete protection online was definitely worth it.
- How to change IP address - June 8, 2023
- What is the difference between VPN and proxy - June 8, 2023
- Best Free VPNs in 2023: Protect Your Online Privacy for Free - June 7, 2023