Last Updated on June 8, 2023 by Daniel Wright
The ESET NOD32 Antivirus is a computer security software. The NOD32 software was designed by ESET, an IT security company which provides anti-virus and other security products. This firm is based in Bratislava, Slovakia and it was founded by three individuals namely Rudolf Hruby, Peter Pasko, and Miroslav Trnka in 1992.
See the full product portfolio here.
This security company that has existed for over 25 years was awarded the most successful Slovak company recurrently from 2008 – 2010. ESET provides computer security services for over one hundred and ten million people in over two hundred countries worldwide. ESET NOD32 antivirus initial release was in 1987 with a Trialware license. This software is compatible with different operating systems such as Windows, MacOs, Linux, Solaris, etc. The 2019 version is now available for download here.
ESET NOD32 is an antivirus software package that provides computer protection against viruses, Trojans and other malicious attacks. With NOD32, you can have a safe, secure web browsing experience.ESET has 11.52% of the Total Security software Markets share according to information released by Statista. It doesn’t have a free version of its antivirus. However, it offers a 30-day free trial on all its paid products.
The ESET NOD32 Antivirus offers essential protection against hackers and malware. It provides simple and relation protection against Ransomware and phishing attacks. This software is designed to recognize malware behavior in files and protect the computer from attack. This software has an inbuilt multi-protection layer. This multilayer feature ensures proactive protection against viruses, rootkits, worms, spyware and all types of digital threats. It has an anti-phishing feature which helps protect the user’s vital information such as passwords, usernames, credit card information, etc. from scam websites.
This software provides different scan options for protection. Its quick scan option is used to scan malware prone areas of the computer system. Its full scan option scans the entire system and memory drives. This scan takes more time compared to the former; however, it ensures every file and folder is thoroughly examined to provide maximum protection. ESET NOD32 scans every removable drive on insertion to prevent viruses.
This software has been tested by testing labs such as AV-Test and AV-Comparatives. The AV-Test result for November – December 2017 revealed that ESET scored a 5.5/6.0 protection rating. AV-Comparatives test on different security software as presented in its July – November 2018 result shows that ESET recorded a protection rate of 98.9% having blocked 987 malicious attempts out of 998 test cases. ESET NOD32 antivirus can be downloaded here.
Features of ESET NOD32 Antivirus
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2019 is a modified version of its 2018 edition. Some features have been added to this software while some others have been improved. We examine the elements of ESET NOD32 here.
This feature serves as a security shield for the system against malware attacks. There are certain malware that corrupts the computer and blocks user access. However, with this feature, the laptop is secured.
UEFI Scanner helps protect the computer from deep attacks. Viruses are in different categories. Some affect the reboot system preventing startup. The UEFI Scanner, however, defends the computer from these threats.
During scans, certain files are whitelisted based on the Live Grid file reputation database. This helps speed up scans and blocks unknown malware having studied its behavior. This scanning feature compares computer files with infected files on the cloud and checks for similar behavior. Files having suspicious behavior are whitelisted.
This feature blocks cloned malware attacks designed to evade detection. It eliminates Ransomware and eliminates lock screens. It also helps prevent an attack on browsers, file readers and other applications, Java-based software inclusive.
This feature helps prevent unauthorized copying of user’s private data to an external drive. You can block removable storage such as USB drives, CDs, and other disk storage devices. It also blocks devices connected to the computer via Bluetooth, hotspot, etc.
Host-Based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS)
This feature is used to customize the behavior of the computer. It provides options to tweak the system registry, active processes, etc. to fine-tune the system security posture.
This feature is available on the ESET Smart Security Premium version of NOD32 antivirus. It allows the user to enjoy the game by switching to silent mode. All system updates and notifications are postponed in gamer mode.
This is a new feature on the ESET NOD32 Antivirus software. It gives monthly reports detailing the security condition of the computer and how ESET protects it. This report contains information about blocked web pages, detected threats, intercepted spam email, etc.
This is an advanced diagnostic tool used to collect relevant information from the computer used to troubleshoot security and compatibility issues. It allows the user to define scanning depth, time, etc.
This feature helps the user to view and manage licenses and ESET packages from ESET portal.
ESET NOD32 antivirus software has inbuilt customer support interface.
This software runs on computers with Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows Vista, Windows Home Server 2011 and Windows 10 operating system.
Pros and Cons of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2019
ESET NOD32 antivirus software has some excellent features and limitations which are:
- Easy Installation: ESET NOD32 can be downloaded here. The installation process is simple. After download, you can install by clicking on the downloaded file, follow the instructions, accept the terms and conditions, etc. You can easily install, renew your subscription and upgrade your software.
- User-friendly interface: The ESET NOD32 has a user-friendly interface designed with a robotic theme. The features of this software can be easily located in the home section.
- Real-time protection: ESET NOD32 Antivirus is an award-winning antivirus which offers protection form old and new malware threats. As revealed by AV-Test and AV-Comparatives, ESET provides advanced protection for computers.
- Automatic software updates: It has an inbuilt update section where you can download software updates to keep the computer up to date.
- No free version: This software has no free version. Its three available versions are paid software which offers only a 30-day free trial period.
- The Absence of Firewall: This software version lacks a firewall security tool.
Higher Versions of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2019
ESET NOD32 Antivirus has three versions namely;
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus: This is a paid software which provides excellent protection for computers. It clinched the first position amongst other security software for the performance test conducted by AV Comparatives. This is a limited version; however, it has basic protection features.
- ESET Internet Security: This version of NOD32 antivirus is the most popular amongst the three versions available. It provides excellent web protection. With this software, you can browse and shop online having a safe and secure experience.
- ESET Smart Security Premium: This version contains all the features of the ESET antivirus. It has a password manager feature which secures all vital information from theft. It encrypts important files also. This version can be downloaded
ESET has products for a wide range of users. It also provides professional services for businesses. For home users, the products include ESET Multi-Device Security, ESET Smart Security, etc. It offers Endpoint, mobile, file server, mail, SharePoint, gateway protection services for businesses. It also provides remote management services and data security.
We have reviewed the ESET NOD32 antivirus and found it to be an excellent software which provides protection services for its users. It has been testing by certified testing labs and found to have above standard ratings in its protection and performance results. The 2019 version of this software has some newly added features which make the software an excellent choice for consumer protection. ESET NOD32 is highly recommended. You can download the software here.
- How to change IP address - June 8, 2023
- What is the difference between VPN and proxy - June 8, 2023
- Best Free VPNs in 2023: Protect Your Online Privacy for Free - June 7, 2023