I’ve had the chance to explore and test many VPN providers to determine their compatibility with streaming services like Netflix. One such VPN provider that I’ve spent a considerable amount of time testing and using is Surfshark.
In this article, I will share my in-depth analysis of Surfshark VPN’s ability to work with Netflix, and whether it’s worth considering for your streaming needs. So grab your popcorn and let’s dive in.
Overview of Surfshark VPN
Surfshark VPN is a relatively new player in the VPN market, but it has quickly gained a reputation for its strong security features, fast connection speeds, and user-friendly interface. It operates over 3,200 servers in more than 65 countries, giving users a wide range of options for bypassing geo-restrictions and accessing content from various regions.
Some key features of Surfshark VPN include:
- NoBorders mode: Designed for users in heavily censored regions, this feature allows seamless access to the internet without restrictions.
- Camouflage mode: This mode ensures that your VPN usage remains hidden from your internet service provider (ISP) or any third-party observers.
- CleanWeb: An integrated ad-blocker and malware protection feature that keeps your browsing experience clean and safe.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections: Unlike many VPN providers, Surfshark allows you to connect as many devices as you want with a single subscription.
If you want to read more, check out my in-depth review of Surfshark VPN.
Surfshark VPN and Netflix Compatibility
Surfshark VPN’s compatibility with multiple Netflix libraries makes it an excellent choice for users who want to access content from different regions. I conducted tests on several Netflix libraries, including the US, UK, Canada, Japan, France, India, and South Korea. Here’s a summary of my experience and the content I tested with Surfshark VPN:
- United States: While connected to a US server, I accessed the US Netflix library and watched the popular show “Parks and Recreation.” The streaming quality was excellent, with no buffering or lag.
- United Kingdom: I connected to a UK server and streamed “Sherlock” from the UK Netflix library. The streaming speed was fast, and the video quality remained high throughout the session.
- Canada: After connecting to a Canadian server, I tested the Canadian Netflix library by watching “Schitt’s Creek.” The connection was stable, and the streaming quality was impressive.
- France: While connected to a French server, I streamed “Call My Agent!” from the French Netflix library. The video quality was excellent, and the connection remained stable.
- India: I connected to an Indian server and accessed the Indian Netflix library to watch “Sacred Games.” The streaming experience was smooth, with minimal buffering and high-quality video.
- South Korea: After connecting to a South Korean server, I enjoyed “Kingdom” from the South Korean Netflix library. The streaming speed was acceptable, and the video quality was consistently good.
Overall, my experience with Surfshark VPN while accessing various Netflix libraries was positive. The VPN consistently unblocked the desired libraries, provided stable connections, and maintained impressive streaming speeds and quality. With Surfshark’s ability to unblock over 30 different Netflix libraries, users have a wide array of content to choose from and enjoy.
What to do if Surfshark is not working with Netflix?
Netflix is well-known for its stringent VPN detection mechanisms, which are designed to block VPN users from accessing content outside their designated region. Surfshark, however, has proven to be quite adept at bypassing these restrictions.
One of the reasons Surfshark is successful in this regard is its regularly updated server infrastructure, which ensures that new IP addresses are continuously added to avoid detection. Additionally, Surfshark’s Camouflage mode comes in handy, making it difficult for Netflix to identify VPN traffic. However, if you still encounter any issues during streaming Netflix with Surfshark, here’s a step-by-step guide to resolve it:
- Clear your browser’s cache. This can help resolve the issue caused by previously stored cache files that help Netflix identify VPN activities.
- Try a different Surfshark server. If the server you are using is having difficulties bypassing Netflix’s VPN blocks, switching to another server may help. Surfshark typically has multiple servers in the same country, so you’ll always have a backup.
- Check your internet speed. If Netflix content loads but doesn’t start, Surfshark might not be providing fast enough speeds.
- If none of the above works, contact Surfshark’s customer support for assistance.
In my experience, Surfshark VPN has consistently passed the Netflix VPN detection test, allowing me to enjoy a seamless streaming experience.
Surfshark’s Performance Beyond Netflix
Although my primary focus has been on Surfshark’s compatibility with Netflix, it’s essential to examine its performance in other areas as well. In terms of security, Surfshark employs industry-standard AES-256-GCM encryption, which ensures that your data is well-protected. Furthermore, Surfshark maintains a strict no-logs policy, meaning your online activities are never recorded or stored.
When it comes to connection speeds, Surfshark performs admirably, particularly for a VPN service in its price range. During my tests, I experienced minimal speed loss when connected to nearby servers and acceptable speed reduction when connected to more distant locations.
I’ve written more on this in my review of torrenting with Surfshark VPN.
Comparing Surfshark VPN to Other Providers
In the crowded VPN market, it’s crucial to evaluate how Surfshark stacks up against its competitors. Compared to other popular VPN providers like ExpressVPN and NordVPN, Surfshark offers an excellent balance of performance, security, and affordability. While ExpressVPN and NordVPN may boast slightly faster speeds, Surfshark’s competitive pricing and unlimited simultaneous connections make it an attractive choice for users seeking a Netflix-compatible VPN.
It’s also worth noting that, like Surfshark, both ExpressVPN and NordVPN are capable of unblocking various Netflix libraries. However, based on my extensive testing and experience, Surfshark has consistently performed well in this regard and holds its own against these more established providers.
Is Surfshark VPN Worth It for Netflix Streaming?
Based on my experience, I can confidently recommend Surfshark VPN for users seeking a reliable and effective solution for streaming Netflix content. Its ability to bypass geo-restrictions, pass the Netflix VPN detection test, and maintain fast streaming speeds make it a worthy contender in the VPN market.
Furthermore, Surfshark’s strong security features, user-friendly interface, and commitment to privacy add substantial value to its offering. The unlimited simultaneous connections also make it an attractive option for households with multiple devices or users looking to share their VPN subscription.
So, to answer the question, “Does Surfshark VPN work with Netflix?” – the answer is a resounding yes. I hope my in-depth analysis and expert insights have provided you with the information needed to make an informed decision about whether Surfshark VPN is the right choice for your streaming needs. Happy streaming!